Software as a Service (SaaS) Solutions
Email us 888-537-8135
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Business Intelligence (BI) solutions are becoming increasingly appealing for companies that need to share essential data across the organization but do not have enough resources to implement and maintain these systems in-house. Known for its enterprise-caliber capabilities, MicroStrategy’s platform provides a solid foundation for organizations looking to build SaaS BI deployments.
SaaS BI offerings require comprehensive security, flexibility of data access, customizability by end user, scalability, high performance, fault-tolerance and numerous other complexities that are virtually impossible without the solid underpinnings of an enterprise-technology platform. In addition, while all businesses need business intelligence, they differ in how they want to utilize it in their daily processes, so the BI platform must be open and flexible enough to present or embed this analysis and insight specific to each end user’s individual requirements. Furthermore, all these requirements must be met with minimal administration, hardware and staffing.
The MicroStrategy Solution
MicroStrategy’s customers have already successfully deployed BI applications to their end users within a SaaS framework. Additionally, many of MicroStrategy’s OEM partners have leveraged MicroStrategy’s technology in their own SaaS offerings, embedding powerful analytics into hosted application offerings with the following characteristics:
- Multi-tenancy support: The MicroStrategy solution enables a single instance of software to serve multiple client organizations, or tenants, offering the ability to customize the look-and-feel for each end user’s specific data and interface requirements.
- Fast development and ease of maintenance: MicroStrategy’s integrated metadata environment enables the SaaS provider to develop BI applications with dashboards, reporting, ad-hoc analysis, alerting and advanced analytics quickly and easily. Ongoing maintenance is also straightforward due to the reusability of metadata components.
- Centralized administration: The MicroStrategy platform centralizes all administration, and provides tools and utilities that enable SaaS environments to be administered with minimal resource requirements.
- Comprehensive security: MicroStrategy provides robust data, object and feature security across the entire BI application. Additionally, MicroStrategy can be integrated with various authentication protocols and home-grown security systems, while supporting SSL and 128-bit security, ensuring data is secured throughout its path from the database to the end user.
- High scalability and performance: The MicroStrategy technology has long been the performance leader at high scale, and continues and extends that leadership with innovative technologies that deliver the highest query performance, even when accessing hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Ease-of-use: MicroStrategy’s zero-footprint web interface follows familiar interface standards including toolbars, menus and context-sensitive right-click menus, and drag-and-drop manipulations.
- Flexible and personalized interface: Through a combination of out-of-the-box features and an open, flexible MicroStrategy SDK, SaaS providers can customize any portion of one same application instance to fit the exact needs of each end-user, including powerful visualizations and support for internationalization and dialects.